** Disclaimer: this product was provided in exchange for an honest review**
I am a member of bloggers required. This is a site where brands and companies reach out to bloggers to help test and promote their products and provide honest reviews.
I saw that they were wanting bloggers to test and review Moringa Oil so I offered to review it.
Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of Moringa oleifera, also known as the Drumstick tree. The tree is native to the Himalayan foothills.
(taken from http://oilhealthbenefits.com/moringa-oil-ben-oil/)
Moringa oil exerts many therapeutic properties because of its unique nutrition.
- Antioxidant – Ben oil has strong antioxidant capacity.
- Anti-inflammatory – The oil reduces inflammation both topically and internally.
- Anti-aging – The oil provides nutrition to our skin and relieves aging signs.
- Anti-microbial – It is traditionally used in Sudan to purify water and is shown to reduce bacterial counts.
- Disinfectant – can be used to treat wounds.
- Carrier – It is excellent carrier oil for aromatic compounds.
- Hepatoprotective – Moringa oil protects the liver from damage.
- Emollient – Moringa oil is a great moisturizer for the skin.
- Preservative – This oil resists rancidity and also used as preservative in certain products.
- Exfoliant – drives away dead skin cells.
- Enfleurage – Moringa oil absorbs the aroma of essential oils and other fragrat compounds like herbs, nuts, seeds, spices and chemicals. This makes it the perfect perfume base.
There are a number of health benefits of using Moringa oil which can be viewed by clicking on the website link above, however I will only be reviewing it based on the things I have used it for.
1) Skin – I get a lot of dry skin on my knees and my elbows and this is a great moisturiser and I can honestly say that I have not used a better moisturiser. It leaves my skin feeling soft and mosturised but never greasy.
You only need to a small amount of the product and when I say small I mean small and rub it in thoroughly. One pump will do both elbows and knees.
2)Hair – I have always had dry hair and it has been damaged over time from all the hair dye and bleach I have used over the years. I have tried different products for my hair but none of them seem to work that well especially on my ends. They get really dry and split. I have now been using Moringa oil for a few weeks and I can see a vast improvement in the condition of my hair.
It is shiny without being greasy and I love the way it makes my hair feel. My hair is the healthiest it has ever been.
I would recommend this product and if you would like to purchase it your yourself you can use my 10% code until the end of March
Code: MOR10 will get you 10% off.